Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Weekly Recipe: Goat cheese, carmalized onion, and spinach quesadilla



Goat cheese, carmalized onion, and spinach quesadilla

1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups thinly sliced red onion
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
9 oz baby spinach
4 8-inch whole wheat flout tortillas
4 oz goat cheese
2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced

Cook onion, sugar, salt until dark golden. Remove. Add spinach and 1 Tbsp. water until wilted. Spread cheese on tortilla and top with spinach, onion, tomato. Fold and cook tortillas until golden and lightly crisp.

Again, another highly versatile dish. This is the second time I've made these quesadillas. This time I used regular sharp cheddar cheese and regular onions. I used brown sugar because I couldn't find my white sugar in the house. If you feel like meat, I'm sure it'd be delicious with some chicken or fish or ground beef. I also mixed up some guacamole as a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment