- Wednesday: I rinsed my hair after running, spritzed with water (I added Infusium 23 and 20 drops of rosemary essential oil to it), moisturized and sealed my hair.
- Thursday: I added aloe vera juice to my spritz then tested its pH (5)
- Friday: I rinsed my hair after running, applied some Infusium 23 and my leave in conditioner, then greased my scalp.
Plus, when I run I get a lot of build up on my scalp. My scalp felt great after both those rinses and especially when I greased it on Friday! So definitely doing that again.
I think I'm also giving up condition washes, especially with this heat. Last week I condition washed and my scalp did not feel clean. I still had some residue and I don't like that feeling. It's not productive for hair growth anyway. Today (Sunday) I'm going to clarify my hair so I'm not that worried.
I will shampoo each week and then do rinses during the week as needed.
On Wednesday I still had my twists in but I took them out on Thursday because they were a frizzy mess! I'm thinking about trying Henna before the three months are up because I desperately need some kind of protein treatment!
- Clarify hair (apple cider vinegar rinse)
- Detangle with conditioner
- Deep condition
- Apply kimmaytube leave in
- Do my protective style (twists) for the week with shea butter and Qhemet moisturizer
I think I will wait to put my hair in sections until I detangle because I want to make sure the clarifier and the shampoo reach my scalp.
For the apple cider vinegar rinse I put 1 Tbsp. for each cup of water. I make sure to test the pH because I don't want it too acidic. Anything from 4.5-5.5 is perfect for the hair.
I think these things will work wonders for my hair. I have a small tube of grapeseed oil I bought from the hair store that has other oils mixed in as well. My Bear Fruit Hair purchases were shipped on Thursday so I can't wait to try them! I'm really excited about the deep conditioner.
Next week I'll give myself a hot oil treatment. The good thing about this week is that I'm going to do my protective style on wash day instead of the next day. Hopefully this will cut back on manipulation and shedding, as well as keep my hair moisturized.