Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week 5 Hair

 A Few Changes

I tried a few new things this week that I will stick with for the rest of the first three months. It's probably better to try one thing for awhile...but I didn't. I'm still using the exact same products though but in a different way.

  • Wednesday: I rinsed my hair after running, spritzed with water (I added Infusium 23 and 20 drops of rosemary essential oil to it), moisturized and sealed my hair.
  • Thursday: I added aloe vera juice to my spritz then tested its pH (5)
  • Friday: I rinsed my hair after running, applied some Infusium 23 and my leave in conditioner, then greased my scalp.
I'm finding that my hair needs these rinses and added moisture because of the weather. The heat has (unfortunately!) arrived and it wreaks havoc on my hair! It's not that humid heat. It's a dry heat that makes my already dry hair, drier!

Plus, when I run I get a lot of build up on my scalp. My scalp felt great after both those rinses and especially when I greased it on Friday! So definitely doing that again.

I think I'm also giving up condition washes, especially with this heat. Last week I condition washed and my scalp did not feel clean. I still had some residue and I don't like that feeling. It's not productive for hair growth anyway. Today (Sunday) I'm going to clarify my hair so I'm not that worried.

I will shampoo each week and then do rinses during the week as needed.

On Wednesday I still had my twists in but I took them out on Thursday because they were a frizzy mess! I'm thinking about trying Henna before the three months are up because I desperately need some kind of protein treatment!

Sunday:
  • Clarify hair (apple cider vinegar rinse)
  • Shampoo
  • Detangle with conditioner
  • Deep condition
  • Apply kimmaytube leave in
  • Do my protective style (twists) for the week with shea butter and Qhemet moisturizer


I think I will wait to put my hair in sections until I detangle because I want to make sure the clarifier and the shampoo reach my scalp.

For the apple cider vinegar rinse I put 1 Tbsp. for each cup of water. I make sure to test the pH because I don't want it too acidic. Anything from 4.5-5.5 is perfect for the hair.

Overall, I'm happy with my progress. 

I still want to try jojoba oil, buy more grapeseed oil and henna

I think these things will work wonders for my hair. I have a small tube of grapeseed oil I bought from the hair store that has other oils mixed in as well. My Bear Fruit Hair purchases were shipped on Thursday so I can't wait to try them! I'm really excited about the deep conditioner.

Next week I'll give myself a hot oil treatment. The good thing about this week is that I'm going to do my protective style on wash day instead of the next day. Hopefully this will cut back on manipulation and shedding, as well as keep my hair moisturized.

No comments:

Post a Comment