Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Helloooooo Out There!!!!

Googleimages: (How cute is this??!!)
 
I've missed you all! I know I've only been MIA for 4 days but it seems like so much longer!

Somehow I feel that with these "shorter" days I have less time! Don't ask me how that works out but it's true!

Anyway, last week was pretty much recovery after the marathon. The goal was to not run, but still stay active. I lasted until Thursday. I ran on the treadmill for about 20 minutes. 

I also accomplished one of my November Goals of trying new classes. 

I went to spinning on Tuesday of last week. It kicked my butt.

However, I went again today and it REALLY kicked my butt! 

I couldn't quite figure out the whole resistance thing my first time. So this time I made sure that it was all off before starting. That way, when I had to "add more" or "take some off" I was doing it to my needs. My shirt was soaking with so much sweat that I was able to wring it

Gross, right?

The next class I went to was Pilates.

I love Pilates! 

I've been wanting to try it for so long because it is great for flexibility and strength. There is a lot of balancing and core work that is just great for runners. Well, Pilates is great for anyone really.

It a nice low-impact workout (meaning no jumping around) so that even those that have injuries can do it. In fact, a woman who was having knee surgery was in class last week.

That was it. I did nothing else for the week except on Sunday for my long run. Those 6.5 miles felt really good. I ran it in about 51 minutes

This week I'd like to try a group weight training class.

My goal for next week is to try a new class everyday, single, day.

I'm trying not to be too hard on my legs this week because I have an important run on Sunday: 14 miles.

Another one of my goals for November is to start adding on miles. I don't want to do too much too soon. But I want to start preparing myself. With my foot injury, and the move, I feel like I'm a little behind on my marathon training. I'm probably not, but I feel like it.

The last bit of news is that I signed up for a holiday race on December 10th. It's a 5K. I wanted to run another race to stay on that high before the BIG ONE next year. Then again, something far enough away so that I can recuperate.

 So that's it. Short and sweet just to say hey and to let you guys know that I'm doing fine and feel fine. I'm injury free and still on that marathon training mission.

How is your week shaping up?

4 comments:

  1. I love spinning! After running, it's one of my favorite workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! So here is how my week is going: I am supposed to be a part of my friends "Don't gain weight over the holiday" challenge, and so far I have not gained anything. But in my ever increasing laziness I am losing strength and energy! What I lack is a goal to motivate towards, and I feel like a slob. (Though I only weigh 132.) That's my lazy week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started back jogging today with my new workout partner and we agreed to do a 10k in February, I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rach: Yes, it definitely kicks butt! I'm going to have to add that class to my routine. It feels so good afterwards!

    @Ash: Fight the laziness! We are all entitled to some laziness. But since you are in a competition...be in it to win! lol. Put it on your blog for motivation.

    @Sprina: I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! That's great. You will love the rush of a race. You just might get hooked!

    ReplyDelete