Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Week 27 Hair

A new product has been added to my routine:



My current focus is to make sure that I'm incorporating protein. I feel like my hair is always moisturized and it looks and feels healthy. However, I'm not sure if any of my products have protein.

My next monthly protein treatment is on December 11th. Between those times I will deep condition with a light protein. This means shaking off my laziness and sitting under the hooded dryer for 15-20 minutes.

This past Sunday I endured it for 17 minutes. I probably won't notice any real difference for about 4 weeks but my twists are definitely less frizzy today. I've heard a lot of people talk about the Root Stimulator Deep Conditioner and so I figured I would try it.

One particular youtuber (sunshower143) has used it since her HHCJ and she has beautiful hair. She discussed it when talking about her winter hair regimen for 2011.



Be sure to check her channel!

It's done well for her. Plus, my Bear Fruit Hair product has run out. I love that product. But the Root Stimulator I can get at Sally's for $12 in a big bottle. No shipping or handling required. I can always go back to it if I find I don't get the same results.

That's about all that's changed. I will sit under the hooded dryer each time I wash my hair to help the deep conditioner penetrate. In addition, I will give myself a protein treatment with my Aphogee each month. I think this will just be an added boost for my hair and give it more strength.

I've also started wearing my hair out once a week. I know it's better to do "protective styling" during the winter to protect the ends of my hair. But the weather here hasn't turned cold yet and I'm starting to miss seeing my hair out. Chema is missing my 'fro too! So usually on a Saturday I'll wear it out while I run my errands. 

Stay tuned for a pic next weekend!


Week 28 Hair
  • Detangle with conditioner
  • Wash hair
  • Deep Condition + hooded dryer for 15-20 minutes
  • Kimmaytube leave in
  • Twists

No comments:

Post a Comment