Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

Things I'm Loving (November Edition)

Once again we come to the monthly odds and ends that I'm digging. So, enough of the writing already and let's get right to the pictures! 


(In no particular order whatsoever)


It's been a month, on Saturday, since we started the vegan challenge. It has flown by! Things like this soy cheese have definitely helped though. It tastes just like cheese. I probably won't use it to make mac&cheese this Thanksgiving (it is too expensive!). But it's a nice change when I'm craving something cheesy.


Why are these tortilla chips so good? Last week Chema and I went on a junk food binge. It's quite hard to find vegan junk food. But this hit the spot. The right combination of salt, sweet, and crunchy.


This is the best invention ever! I am a crockpot-recipe-making-machine! My favorite thing to make in it so far are beans. The options are limitless: pinto, black bean, black-eyed, kidney, lentils... I made some black-eyed peas with carrots and onions for lunch today.


Another edition to our vegan junk food collection. These things are delish!


For anyone who hates the taste of traditional licorice (like me!) and hates candy that is too sticky (like me!) these are perfect. Nice and soft and chewy and mango-goodness! Seriously, they are addictive.


Chema actually prefers this to soy milk. We've also tried almond milk but I don't like the taste of it with cereal. For smoothies or baked goods it's perfect though. Rice milk has a milder flavor than soy milk.


Oh yes, they taste just like real ice-cream. They are small enough where you are satisfied but don't feel guilty.


This is the best meat imitation I've eaten so far. It tastes just like taco meat.


Since dark chocolate is good for you I don't actually group this with "goodies." Although, I don't exactly binge on it either. (Chema is a different story though.)


This may seem random (I told you this list was in NO order!) but these are life-savers. I'd been walking around the house in uncomfortable flip-flops. With the colder weather I needed a substitute. I got these from Walmart. Cute aren't they?


I finally bought the bottle so I don't have to skip protein treatments. My goal is to give myself one every month. I'm also going to start sitting under the hooded dryer for 20 minutes each week when I do my deep conditioning.


These are an old love.


Again, hard to find vegan goodies, especially cookies! I'm picky with my sweets but I LOVE cookies. These are pretty decent.


So that's that. Honestly, I'm having a lot of fun with this vegan challenge. I'm also trying to buy more certified organic things. I think it's important. Maybe I'll dedicate a blog post in the future with my thoughts on that.

Next month I want try some new/weird fruits and vegetables. I'm fascinated with purple carrots!

What have you been loving this month?

2 comments:

  1. I have a crockpot but kinda don't know what to do with it. It's on "my list" to learn for this winter though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to do it! Crockpots have to be the easiest way to cook. So healthy too because you don't have to add a lot of oil or salt to it. Just throw the stuff you want to cook in it and go! Once you start you will be hooked.

    ReplyDelete