Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 9 Hair

So here is my hair wet before starting my hair process. 


I took my hair down Friday and but them in big, chunky ones to sleep in. I also exercised in them on Friday, packed in them on Saturday, and ran in them today --13 miles. That's why they look rough!

Today I'm doing my caramel treatment.

Here's what it looks like

So I left the twists in because it's easier to apply in sections.

Typically I undo each one individually


Apply the mixture and then twist it back up.


I do this over all over my head and then put on a plastic cap for 1-2 hours. I ran out of plastic caps and had to improvise with a grocery bag. No, I did NOT take a picture of that!

The hair is heavier and shinier.

I then undid all the twists so that I could shampoo the mixture out well. I didn't want any residue left over.

I had to take the pic myself!
So I washed my hair and then detangled in the shower in sections with my Trader Jo's conditioner. I applied my deep conditioner in the same manner as the caramel treatment.

I rinsed out the deep conditioner and then followed that with my herbal rinse.

BEFORE
AFTER

Once that is done I apply my leave in conditioner.

Kimmaytube Leave in

As you can see the pH is 4.5. Anything from 4.5-5.5 is perfect for the hair.

Then I twisted my hair up using the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. I don't like it as a deep conditioner so I am going to try it as a styling agent. It says on the container that you can leave it in "for a frizz free moisturizing styling creme". So we'll see.

This is how my hair looks most of the week when I put my twists in. It's easy to do, maintain and stays neat.
It's flat twisted in the front and pulled back with a clip.
At the end of the week I take out my twists and do some sort of an updo. For example:
 





Week 10 Hair
  • Shampoo
  • Detangle with conditioner
  • Deep condition
  • Kimmaytube leave in
  • Twists

2 comments:

  1. I love all the pics, your hair is beautiful and growing, which is always a great sign of health. So tell me about the herbal rinse, what is in it and what is it for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sprina! Trying to be more visual with the blog. I hope it's growing. I can't tell. I guess we'll see in August. That'll be my first 3 months. As for the herbal rinse look at the post: Hair Regimen Part 1. I use it for softness and strength of the hair. But look at the post it says why I use each herb. I ran out today so we'll see if it's been helping because I can't get more until we get to the States.

    ReplyDelete