Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 8 Hair

I tucked the end in and added a clip when I went out. It's flat twisted down for a faux french braid (my twists are in) and then the front of my hair is also flat twisted.

Not too eventful this week, thankfully! I'm still getting over the hair fiasco from last week. I wore my hair in an updo for most of the week. I had my twists in and then I put them in an updo that same day because we went out. I didn't take pictures (not sure why!) but I got the inspiration from this youtube video. I have to say, although we have different hair types, it looked pretty darn close!


 (See minute 1:55-3:55 for the style tutorial)





Yesterday I did another take on the freestyle updo from last week. The only difference is that I left the right side out, so it was like a swoop. I was going to take pictures but was too lazy. I will get better about taking pictures! I plan to do the same updo today with my twists so I will be sure to take a picture for next week.

I left the twisted updo in for at least 3 days. I did it on a Sunday and slept with it in on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I didn't touch it, add more product, or anything, until that afternoon on Wednesday. 

I just sprayed it with my spritz and then added my moisturizer. I did the same on Thursday. I took out my twists Saturday and did my updo and then twisted them in big twists for bed. I didn't apply any extra product.

When I took my twists down they were super moisturized and I didn't have any problems with knots. So I will mimick what I did to my hair for the same results this week. 

I am finding that manipulating my hair almost not at all between wash days works best for me. Meaning, not adding any extra product or touching it, helps my hair thrive. 

I am sure to moisturize and seal enough on Sunday. With that my hair lasts 3 days or more without doing anything to it. This is including exercising and sweating. 

This week I'm a lot happier with my hair.


For wash day today I'm using the same routine but trying some other products I have in my arsenal.



Week 9 Hair
  • Shampoo
  • Detangle with Trader Jo Nourish Spa conditioner
  • Deep condition with my Bear Fruit Hair Banana and Avocado product
  • Herbal rinse
  • Kimmaytube leave in
  • Twists with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and seal with my scalp oil

1 comment:

  1. I like this style. Yes, you have to become better about taking pictures, I wanna see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete