Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pumpkin Bread


Pumpkin Bread
1-15oz can pumpkin
120 ml (or 1/2 cup) olive oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
dash of salt
2 Tbsp. flaxseeds, ground
Preheat oven to 365 degrees (180C). Stir together flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and flaxseeds. Mix pumpkin, oil, eggs, and spices together in another bowl. Then combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Don't mix it too much. Bake for 50 minutes or until done.

I didn't have any whole wheat flour but if I did I would definitely use it! I recommend it for this recipe. Just use half whole wheat flour and half regular flour so your bread is not too dense. Delicious!

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Been experimenting with bread in my spare time and i'll add this to my recipe list! Trying to develop some sort of edible protein bread...I have too much spare time I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT would be a definite breakthrough! Bread...but in protein form! The best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, this look SO GOOD!! I was just thinking the other day, how Pumpkin will be everywhere again very soon! I think I'll have to try this one in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin bread sounds super delish. Bread+protein = brilliant! Thanks for another great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has to be THE easiest recipe to make! It's really good. I think in the fall I might try it with fresh pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete