Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 15 Hair

Adapting to new surroundings is not only hard on the mind and body, but also on the hair!

Googleimages


Last week I had to use my Bear Fruit Hair leave in conditioner because I didn't have a chance to pick up aloe vera juice for my kimmaytube leave in. (It sucked) That kimmaytube leave in works like magic.

Although I do really like Bear Fruit Hair products. At least the ones I've tried are amazing.  The Desert Moisture leave in and the Banana and Avocado deep conditioner are incredible. I will probably try something else once I finish with them but I would definitely buy them again.

I'm almost out of the deep conditioner actually and have no idea what product to try out next.

So all suggestions are welcome. 

I'm thinking of purchasing a Giovanni product online. I love their light moisture conditioner as part of my kimmaytube leave in.

Anyway, I bought some aloe vera juice last week and made my mixture yesterday. That all went smoothly.  

What didn't was the entire hair washing procedure. 

Since I had already showered I didn't want to get in again just to wash my hair. Instead I had to lean over the tub. We have a super tall tub and it doesn't have one of those removal shower heads I've grown to cherish in Spain.

So that made washing annoying. I had to detangle at the sink, which was messy. It also took me twice as long. From now on I'll just have to get in the shower.

A good thing is that my mom has one of those hair dryers. I've been wanting to use one since I started my HHCJ. This weekend I'm going to buy a protein treatment from my local beauty supply store and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes or so. I plan to do this every week for a month. After that, if I see results, I will continue to do it twice a month.

I'm not experiencing breakage but I haven't been incorporating protein into my routine. There has to be a balance of protein and moisture and to date there has only been moisture.

My twists are in now and I hope to stretch them until Friday like I did last week. I did one of my updo styles on Friday for work and also on Saturday since I went out.

Almost forgot...

I changed my shampoo and conditioner. I had to leave them in Spain when I moved so I purchased the Trader Joe´s Tea Tree shampoo and a Suave conditioner as my detangler.

They are ok but once I finish them I will probably try something different. I do, however, like the Trader Joe´s Nourish Spa conditioner as a detangler. It is so nice and creamy. That will be purchased again.

That's all for now folks.

Week 16 Hair 
  • Shampoo
  • Detangle with conditioner
  • Deep condition
  • Kimmaytube leave in
  • Twists

No comments:

Post a Comment