Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

Vegan Recipe: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


I caved people! I just couldn't wait until next week to share my first yummy vegan recipe of 2013. It seems fitting to introduce the first new recipe with the start of a fresh, new, month.

Happy February all!

To (re) jump-start this vegan recipe series we'll start with a ridiculously easy dessert recipe. My last vegan recipe was Chinese inspired noodles with dulse and chia seeds

I initially wanted to provide a recipe every Thursday but that didn't exactly work out as the above recipe was posted last year!

However, now that I have my spectacular vegan cookbooks, plus re-newed imagination and creativity, I will be bringing a new recipe every week. 

As you can see the hubby and I are loving our vegan lifestyle. What initially started off as a 6-month vegan challenge became so much more. 

We are 15 months vegan and going strong. We're even trying to incorporate more raw, or live, foods into our diets. This summer we will be starting another challenge of sorts. (More on that later)

As for the vegan recipe series, I don't want to pin myself down to a particular day of the week, because life happens. Simply enjoy the first of this delectable series and watch out for more to come! 

I made another version of these oatmeal cookies awhile back but these are definitely the improved version. I mean delish!

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1/3 cup non-dairy milk
2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¾ cup flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
½ cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl mix together the non-dairy milk and flax seeds. Add in the sugar and oil and mix until it resembles caramel, about 2 minutes. Mix in the vanilla. Sift in the flour, spices, and salt, mixing the dry ingredients as they are being added. Fold in the oatmeal and raisins. Drop dough in generous tablespoons onto the baking sheets. Flatten the tops a bit, since they don’t spread much. Bake for 10 minutes for chewy cookies and 12 minutes for crunchy cookies. The recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.


 This recipe is courtesy the fabulous cookbook: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero




No comments:

Post a Comment