Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2013

HOTD: Hair of the Day

This is my very first HOTD post!  Today I was having such an incredible hair day that I had to share. I couldn't wait!

I did what I said in my last post about preparing my hair for bed. I just applied a dab (literally a dab) of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie to the ends and then put them in chunky twists.

This morning I had to run (I did 8 miles) so I put a headband around the perimeter of my head and then my workout headband. When I showered I wrapped my hair in a scarf so that the condensation wouldn't frizz my hair out.

After I got dressed I untwisted and this is what I was left with.




This is by far the absolute BEST twist-out that I have ever had! I was so excited when I saw my hair! I hardly ever wear my hair out, as in I  never do, because I don't like how it looks. It's usually frizzy, dry and has no movement.

The curly girl method is doing wonders for my moisture retention with very little effort on my part.

The only thing I had on my hair was the conditioner from when I detangled my hair. With the CGM I don't rinse out the conditioner I apply to my hair to help me detangle. To put in the twists I just applied some gel.

I wore my hair out yesterday and today without applying anymore products. Tonight I'm going to try putting it in a bun to see how my hair looks. However, I'm going to wear a protective style because I said I'd only wear it out twice a week.

Tomorrow I should re-wet my hair but I think I will wait until Friday afternoon to redo my hair. I'm loving this style and can't wait to try it again next week!

Don't you love it when you have a complete hair success day?

No comments:

Post a Comment