Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Vegan Portobello Mushroom Pizzas

This recipe I found on Google+, specifically from the website Carrie on Vegan so check it out. I made them last night. They were super delicious and very, very easy. The tomato sauce was so good. I plan to make it again to put on pasta.


Vegan Portobello Mushroom Pizza

SAUCE:
1/2 red onion (or one small one), chopped
3 garlic gloves, minced
2 cups unsalted tomato sauce
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
10-15 fresh basil leaves
(I used 1 tsp. dry leaves)
1 tsp. dried oregano

PIZZA:
4 portobello mushrooms with stems removed
pizza sauce
nutritional yeast

Place the onion in a pan with some oil and cook until soft. Add some water so it doesn't burn. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in nutritional yeast, basil and oregano. Fill mushrooms with sauce and place in a 375 degree Fahrenheit (190 Celsius) preheated oven. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the mushrooms start to shrink.

So good and a nice alternative to pizza. On the website it says this is enough for 4 people but I think you'd still be hungry. My husband and I ate them all and also had a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment