Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Task #8: Read All Isabel Allende Books


In my post 3-0 is STARING me in the Face! I mentioned that I wanted to read all of Isabel Allende's books.

In case you don't know she is a Chilean writer and most of her books (if not all) have women as main characters. She is a great story-teller and so are many of her protagonists.

I just finished reading Eva Luna today and I plan on starting Cuentos de Eva Luna (The Stories of Eva Luna) next since you kind of have to read them together.

Here's a list of the works of Isabel Allende (I've put the books that I've read already in bold). You can find the English titles online:

The House of the Spirits (La casa de los espíritus) -- I read this book in English as a child.  It is one of my favorite books, period.
Inés of My Soul (Inés del alma mia) -- I also read this book in English
El Zorro: comienza la leyenda
Eva Luna 
La isla bajo el mar -- I started this book awhile back but just couldn't bring myself to finish. It was just too depressing...and long. Maybe I'll try again.
Cuentos de Eva Luna
Hija de la fortuna
Retrato en sepia
La gorda de porcelana
De amor y de sombra
El plan infinito
Paula
Aphrodita
La ciudad de las bestias
Mi país inventado
El reino del dragón de oro
El bosque de los pigmeos
La suma de los días
El cuaderno de Maya


No comments:

Post a Comment