Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

New Running Route

Hellooooo all! It's been almost a month since my last post. Honestly, I just haven't really felt like writing. I'm here in Córdoba trying to hide from 122+ temperatures and training. So nothing really interesting has happened....really.

However, I had an email chat with my sister the other day that really had me looking at my priorities differently. She is currently working with a CrossFit trainer and her boyfriend is upset because he doesn't want her to be "buff".

That got me thinking...there should be NO ONE in your life that holds you back. You only live once, so why not maximize your potential? 

Oh, I've got so much more to talk about concerning that topic but first I want to introduce everyone to my new running route.













This route is an authentic challenge and has great views. I feel like I'm running in the wilderness for real. Sometimes I'm running up steep hills, running down steep hills, climbing rocks, running past caves and mines, and generally trying to not kill myself. I feel like an adventurer of sorts and I love it! Plus my body feels like it's had a genuine workout. I've been running the same route for the longest time that I really needed a change.

I couldn't take pics of the truly amazing parts because I was concentrating on not getting killed, or rather, falling flat on my face.

There's so much more to catch you all up on including my future running plans and what the heck I've been thinking about this summer. But rest assured that I'm back!

4 comments:

  1. Wow that new route is stunning. I would find it hard to concentrate on running because I'd be snapping photos every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky that I have the hubby to take pics for me as I run so I can concentrate. lol. I have a friend who lives in Mexico and she runs in the mountains. Now those are some truly amazing pics.

      Delete
  2. Man if I had a route like that ti run I would run everyday! Not really, but you know what I mean. It's beautiful!! And you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps when you have something nice to look at...and the route isn't just flat. The ups and downs are what make it fun! Hehe. Thanks, I definitely don't look cute in person with all the sweat and such!

      Delete