Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Week 4 Marathon Training


Yesterday marked 1-month in my marathon training. So far I'm doing pretty good and have only missed one day of running. It was Sunday's active recovery day of 3 miles and I preferred to rest.

I have, however, incorporated 2 more days of weight training into my program since my body responds well to strength training. If you see my original marathon training schedule there is only one weight day on a Wednesday.

It works out perfectly because I now do weights on Monday (normally a cross-training day) and Friday (normally a rest day). So I don't do weights on days that I run.



To check out my current weight routines look at:

- the Metabolism-Boosting workout at Fitness Magazine
- the Firm and Burn workout also at Fitness Magazine


These workouts are great because they help me switch it up a bit so that I don't get bored. It also helps to make sure that I'm working all my muscle groups. Each group of exercises works each muscle group in a different way. I'm loving these workouts so far. 

In about a month or so I will probably revamp the workouts to avoid the plateau.

No comments:

Post a Comment