Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 18, 2012

New Running Toy: Hydration Belt



Funny enough, the above photos were actually taken directly after a run where I didn't wear the hydration belt. The hubby went to purchase it while I was on my run but I decided to model it afterwards.

It has two water bottles that fit roughly 8oz (260ml), and a little bit, of liquid. There are also two pockets on each side where you can put keys, your cell, etc. I lucked out because someone clipped on an extra velcro pocket in the middle that usually costs 5€ ($6,17) more. However, the checkout person didn't notice it so I got it for free! Woohooo! It's an addition to the belt that you usually have to purchase separately.

The belt cost 15€ ($18.50) in total, which is significantly cheaper than most hydration belts on the market. Those usually go for between $25-$50 (20,29€-40,57€) just for the belt. Then you have to purchase the bottles separately and then worry about shipping and handling costs...

The hubby picked this one up from the local sports store: Decathlon. I wear it for the first time this Sunday for my 16 mile (25.7 km) long run. I purchased it because I hope it will be easier and more comfortable to carry than my Camelbak.

Only time will tell...

(I also feel like a "professional" runner when I put it on! Yes, it gives me a thrill)

No comments:

Post a Comment