Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

Weekly Recipe: Appetizers

As many of you know I'm in the middle of an important move. So instead of Weekly Recipe Thursdays, we have Weekly Recipe Friday this week. I didn't actually make any of these recipes, but they were so good I had to share. Wednesday Chema and I had lunch with his aunt and uncle (he has 3 aunts and 2 uncles) as a sort of farewell. Here's a sample of some of the things we ate.



Bottled artichoke hearts with a spread of some type of homemade sauce (I forgot to ask what it was) and an anchovie. The sauce didn't have much of a taste but it didn't need to since anchovies have a strong flavor. Don't sleep on anchovies! They are so good!




Salad: Your preferred lettuce or field greens, tomato, pineapple pieces, tuna fish and shrimp. You can season this with any kind of salad dressing you like. This one was creamy, very similar to Thousand Island. I don't like shrimp. So I picked mine off and gave them to my husband!



Strangely, this was my favorite appetizer and I don't typically like blue cheese. Just cut up some tomatoes in thin wedges, drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil, and top with slices of blue cheese. Super easy and super delicious! I think I ate up half of the plate all by myself.



We also had huevos rellenos, a Spanish version of deviled eggs, but I didn't get to take any pics of that. Chema's aunt also served pork chops (I don't eat meat much, maybe chicken once in awhile) as well as homemade french fries. I don't eat fried foods often but I had a couple. They were good!

So nice not to have to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment