Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Marathon #2: Ciudad Real -- Final Thoughts

Tomorrow is marathon day. 

It's funny because I don't really feel like I'm running a marathon tomorrow. As I type this post I'm in my pijamas and about to eat lunch. There are no nerves and I'm not over-thinking everything. I'm pretty much going with the flow. 

It's not as if there are guidelines as to how one is supposed to feel the day before running a marathon. However, my mindset and my emotions are completely different from my first marathon in Seville. It kind of worries me, though, that I'm not all nervous.

It will take us about 3 hours to drive to Ciudad Real from Córdoba. So we are leaving at 430am and should get there at 730am. At 8am I will get my race bib. This is the first time I've run a race without getting my bib beforehand.

Here's what I plan to wear for the event.




All tried and true race gear. I'm also bringing clothes to wear after the race as well.  As for food I plan to bring:

  • Almond butter sandwiches
  • Dates
  • Clementines
  • Tons of water and sports drinks
  • Bananas
There is usually food provided after the race but I find it's hard to find something I can eat being vegan. It's just easier to bring my own food.

The weather will be sunny and around 37 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celcius) while I'm waiting for the race to start. It will warm up to around 64 degrees Fahrenheit (18 degrees Celcius) once the race begins at 930am.

This is it. By this time tommorrow I will have just finished my race...if all goes well! (I'm counting on it!) Wish me luck!

I will definitely post my marathon recap as soon as possible so check back on Sunday or Monday for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment