I feel like I have all this free time (and in free time I mean time that I usually would spend exercising) on my hands that I don't know what to do with.
That's coupled with this anxiety I can't seem to shake. So instead of driving myself NUTS I decided to do a little reflection.
There were a couple of runs I didn't get a chance to mention on the blog yet. Plus I want to let you all know about my race day routine.
The plan was to make this a true "mock run" for the marathon. I wanted to wake up at the same time, eat the same things, and wear the same clothes.
I've written about how I usually don't eat before a run because I get stomach problems tons of times. But I wanted to give it one more chance and see if I could do it.
- So I ate an apple and a slice of whole wheat bread with almond butter 3 hours before running
- 90 minutes before running I drank 16 oz of a sports drink
- 30 minutes before running I ate a pack of Sports Beans with some water
- Throughout the day I made sure to stay hydrated
Things went really great except that on the way back I did get stomach cramps and almost vomited. I didn't stop though (unlike last time) and finished in 2 hours 55 minutes.
RACE DAY MORNING
- Take 1 pack of Sports Beans 30 minutes before running with water
- Take another pack around mile 18 (or as needed)
- If I need to munch on a few more while running I will do so around miles 21-23
- At the end I will take another pack with water to refuel
Other than that, Week 2 is coming to a close. I ran 20 minutes on Monday and will probably skip my second short run this week. My feet need a break.
I went on a 2 hour walk today, which I feel was good to get my muscles moving. I'll probably run my last long run of 4 miles on Friday so that I have the entire weekend to relax. Then my final week, Week 3, starts!