Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2011

Weekly Check In

Saturday Long Run

I went running on Saturday so that I wouldn't have to on Christmas Day. My task was 18 miles. The experience was NOTHING like last week. I ran it in 2 hours and 30 minutes, so that's about 8 1/2 minutes per mile. That's really good considering it was my longest run to date.

As I've mentioned before I don't like to eat or drink a lot while running because it upsets my stomach. This time I took some of those Extreme Sport Beans for energy that I bought at the half marathon race expo

I took one pack 30 minutes before heading out and then another pack when I got back. It says on the package to take it with water. About halfway through my route (mile 9) I took half of a GU. 

I felt great, especially after the run. Sometimes I feel really weak but this time I felt fine and I didn't eat until about an hour (or more) after runnng. 

This will be my marathon strategy for energy. The marathon is so early (it starts at 630am) that I doubt I will want to wake up 3 hours ahead of time just to eat. That's how long it takes me to digest enough to get ready to run. 

So I will take a pack before and then take the beans as I need during the race. To carry the beans I'll probably buy one of those shirts for cyclists that has pockets in the back. I think that'll be more comfortable than running with a belt.


Sunday

This was a rest day. I planned to do some light exercises and stretch but there was a lot going on. So I just ate and chilled out.

Monday

Today I will do the static bike for about 30 minutes, do some stretching and ab work.

Tuesday

After work I will do some weight training (arms) and interval training on the treadmill for 25 minutes.

Wednesday

Weight training (legs)

Thursday

I won't have time to hit the gym today so I will run my 20 minutes in the morning before I head to work and do some abs.

Friday

Rest day

Saturday

Rest day

Sunday

I will attempt to run 20 miles. I know you shouldn't keep increasing, but this week will be a pretty relaxed week and I will rest (and stretch) two days before. Plus, to recover, the following week I'll just clock 6 miles or so. 

I want to get another long run in before I have to start tapering. With getting sick, races, life... I haven't been able to stick as closely to my marathon training schedule as I would've liked. So before I start tapering (January 29th) I have this 20 miles and another 18 miles.

The marathon is coming so soon! I'm excited and SUPER NERVOUS! Before I know it, it will be February!


How are you staying active during the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment