Jump to What Interests you Most

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Weekly Recipe: Vegan Banana Oatmeal Pancakes

This is another borrowed recipe. A good friend of mine sent me a link to a page on tumblr that has all kinds of delicious vegetarian/vegan recipes. One of Chema's favorite American foods is pancakes so I wanted to find something relatively easy to make. This recipe was perfect.

It is so easy to make and personalize that it will easily become a favorite of mine. I'm already thinking about adding different fruit, spices, and herbs so that I can have a different experience every time. For the first attempt I stuck to the recipe and just added some almond butter and honey as toppings.

Honestly, and I'm not just saying this, they are WAY BETTER than traditional pancakes. They are so delicate, light, and fluffy...like delicious little clouds! Yes, this is another must-try recipe! While my pancakes don't look nearly as beautiful as on the blog I took it from...I know they tasted just as wonderful!

Mine
From the blog.

1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 cups soy milk or non-dairy milk (I used rice milk)
2 ripe bananas 


Blend all ingredients (except bananas) in a blender until mixed. Next add the bananas and continue to blend until smooth. Cook.

That is absolutely it! I even kept the mix in the blender and just poured it in the pan so I had less dishes to wash afterwards. 

How easy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment